Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Dryness Be Gone!



I think that I have solved my issue that I was having w/my hair drying to the tune of "a bit crispy" during this cooler weather. I decided to try baggying (or at least my version of it). Baggying is basically deep conditioning your hair over the course of a few hours or overnight. I am choosing to do this overnight.

What I do is dampen my hair and apply the Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In. I then cover my hair with a satin cap. Normally, people baggy w/a plastic cap or grocery bag. I just can't sleep like that. I usually do this a couple of hours before I go to bed and just leave it on overnight. Once I get up in the morning, I do my usual routine. Rinse/saturate(only water) my hair for a couple of minutes under the shower stream. I then finger-detangle. I co-wash w/my choice of conditioner. This week it's Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner. I then section my hair in 4 to 5 sections and apply my Kinky-Curly Knot Today. No wringing out or towel drying. I get out of the shower and as I take down each section I apply a 60/40 mix of Qhemet's Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm and Alma & Olive Heavy Cream. I switched to sealing w/Qhemet's Indian Macassar Conditioning Oil (smells heavenly). And voila! My hair is still soft to touch!

What's your dryness cure-all?....

Post Title Dryness Be Gone!