Pages

Friday, November 21, 2008

"DO YOU" CHICK...Erykah Badu


Happy Friday Beautifuls!

One of my fave "Do You" Chick's is the one and only Erykah Badu. Aside from diggin' her music & it's vibe, I appreciate her for flaunting her natural hair in the face of a society that's not to keen on anything that ain't "straight" or mainstream acceptable. She helped (dare I say, sparked) the natural hair movement. On top of which she is truly talented musically, vocally and in acting. I'll never forget her performance in "The Cider House Rules". It's a must see! According to the site, www.erykah-badu.com, she is set to play a leading role opposite Mos Def in the indie film, "Bobby Zero". Congrats, Ms. Badu!! Do your thang!!

I just had to leave you with a video of one of my fave songs/performances by her. It's from her VH-1 Soul Stage concert. The song is "The Other Side of the Game".







Have a wonderful weekend!
And as always, "Do you".
Peace...

Post Title "DO YOU" CHICK...Erykah Badu