Pages

Friday, April 17, 2009

Cocktails and Flowers


Hi Beautifuls!

Just wanted to wish everyone a HAPPY FRIDAY AND WEEKEND!! I hope that you had a wonderful week. Mine started out a little rough but is all good now. It's funny how you can be feeling a certain way and then something comes around or happens that brings all things back into perspective. Don't worry, it's Friday. That's as far as I'm going today. I still have yet to post what I wrote so I'll just save it for next week. It's a little deep and I almost decided to trash it but I think I'll go ahead and put it out there on next week.


I'm still reading the book by Natalia Rose "Raw Food Life Force Energy". It's a pretty easy read. One of the things that she discusses in it is "food combining". "Food combining" refers to the combination of foods which are compatible with each other in terms of digestive chemistry. Food combining is a basic component of optimal nutrition because it allows the body to digest and utilize the nutrients in our foods to their full extent. She also mentions eating "light to heavy". You know how it's been said that breakfast should be our heaviest/biggest meal with each meal following getting smaller in size. Well, Natalia feels that it should be the opposite of this. Starting off the day with the lightest foods for breakfast and gradually increasing the density of the foods we eat so that the heaviest meal is dinner. I'm testing these two ideas out and will let you know how it goes.




just because I like it. flower cocktail ring


Now as far as my hair is concerned, I've been ultra lazy. Last week when I was off, I did a nice puff everyday. The products I used were minimal (at least for me). I used Oyin's Honey Hemp condish as the main leave-in and sprayed my puff w/Jane Carter's Revitalizing Leave-In. Nice results. I promise you & me, I will try to do better w/pictures and take some next time. I'm itching to try a bantu knot-out, Cherry Lola treatment and amla rinse. But after working on my taxes and healthy eating goals/plans/reading & research, I just have not been motivated. As a matter of fact my hair has been in a bun since Sunday and from the looks of it will be in this style for another week. Please believe, I want to switch it up but my energies are focused elsewhere right now. This self-professed product junkie hasn't even purchased anything hair related lately and I have a Curlmart giftcard (compliments of Newly Natural). You know I'm trippin'! lol!

Anyhoo, I hope that you all have a lovely weekend! My daughter made it a point to remind me that I said I would take her and a friend to Six Flags on tomorrow. So that's what I'll be doing this weekend. Fun stuff!

What about you?...

Post Title Cocktails and Flowers