Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

IS BLOOD REALLY THICKER THAN WATER?...


Good Morning Lovelies,

Today I want to talk about family. More directly, how do you deal with a not so positive family and keep a positive mindset. I bring this up because I, like most people, have a family with some disfunctionality. And I must admit, it goes beyond the immediate. I actually have traced it back to my grandparents. Trust me. This is far enough. I see how something tragic & painful from your childhood can affect EVERY aspect of your life. From sibling to spousal relationships..to friendships..to daily social interaction. Even down to how you raise your children. Have you considered this?... I have. In fact, I've considered it a lot seeing as I don't want to repeat any of the same negatives in my life and the raising of my child.





Which brings me to the gist of this post. My question is how do you handle any negatives that may come from your family? And by "negatives" I mean habits, verbal, emotional, (d.) all of the above and then more. Do you confront it full-blast...lovingly...timidly or not at all? Do you or have you totally separated yourself from your family? Do you spend time w/them in small infrequent doses, or suck it up, turn a blind eye & hang w/them all the time because they're still family?...




I ask these questions because I don't believe in surrounding myself with negative people or in a negative environment. Not at this point in my life. It's just not healthy. Regardless of who it is. No, I can't see myself completely cutting off from family (unless it was a really dangerous situation) but I will back away & do them in doses, if necessary. Don't get me wrong. I love my fam dearly, but if I feel like my (or even more so, my daughter's) emotional, mental and/or spiritual well-being is at stake of being tampered with, drained, or dare I say, "infected" by any negative habits, thought patterns, words or deeds coming from family then blood relation or not, our time around family will be limited. Does this make sense?...

So tell me your thoughts on this...


**Please note that this post was written during a family drama occurrence.**

Post Title IS BLOOD REALLY THICKER THAN WATER?...