Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

UMM UMM GOOD!!


Good Morning Beautifuls!

I hope that all is well in your world. I honestly have been struggling with myself as far as attaining my dietary goals of a 70 to 75% raw vegan diet. I've come to realize that my biggest battle is my thinking. I am not the most patient person in the world and on top of that, I can be a bit rigid in my thinking. For example, I want a Greenstar juicer and a Blendtec blender and feel like I need those appliances to successfully carry out the vision that I have for myself. However, I have to save funds to purchase those appliances. This requires time. Here's where my "rigidity" comes in... I struggle with feeling like I absolutely have to have those particular items to successfully begin this journey. Now note this: I have a blender and a personal blender/grinder. Yeah. So I've had to put myself in check and break out the items I have and put them to good use. And so far so good. When I get to the point where I can afford my Greenstar and Blendtec that will be wonderful. But until then, I'm gonna use what I have until I can.

Here's some delicious, healthy smoothies I've made so far:

The Green Smoothie from TheRawMochaAngel
2 oranges
2 bananas
3 collard leaves, de-stemmed
3/4 C water
If it's your first time attempting a "green" drink, you can use one collard leaf. You can also substitute a different green. I used kale in mine. Or you could use spinach.


Green Smoothie from IntheRaw
3 handfuls fresh baby spinach
1 C frozen mixed berries
1/4 inch fresh ginger, grated (yummy)
2 C water


Both of these recipes are very tasty. If you need to, you can add a natural sweetener like agave, stevia or honey to taste. Always use distilled or filtered water and organic fruits and vegetables.

personal tip: Instead of ice, I use frozen fruit. After my bananas ripen, I cut them up and put them in a ziploc bag. I'm careful to squeeze as much air out as possible and then I toss them in the freezer until I need them. It really helps to prep beforehand as much as possible. If I have any leftover smoothie, I put it in a mason jar and put it in the freezer or fridge.

Have you tried any delish and healthy smoothie recipes lately?...

Post Title UMM UMM GOOD!!